I’m almost 30 and I’m excited about it. A ton of things happened in my twenties, went to Guatemala, graduated from college with my electrical engineering degree, got married two weeks later, went to graduate school for a little while, quit graduate school, got a job as an electrical engineer, traveled to Italy, had two children and made a lot of friends.
I think my thirties will be just as awesome and I want to start my first year in my thirties out with energy. So, my friend Emily made such a list when she turned thirty this year and I wanted to copy her. It will be fun to see in one year what I actually checked off, what things didn’t seem important enough to do and the other things that occurred that I couldn’t have imagined. So this list will begin in five days and comes in no particular order….
1. Complete a marathon
2. Start a babywearing group in Chattanooga and hold meetings throughout the year to help other parents learn how much fun and easy it is to use carriers.
3. Go overseas, preferably to Europe.
4. Stay off of Facebook for a week.
5. Go camping.
6. Host 3 dinner parties for friends.
7. Grow a large garden.
8. Can as many vegetables as possible.
9. Take my kids out into the woods at least once a week.
10. Go on a date with my husband once a month.
11. Take the PE Exam….and hopefully pass it.
12. Go on a zip line.
13. Join a bible study.
14. Get dressed up and go dancing.
15. Knit myself a vest.
16. Sew a fleece jacket for myself.
17. Send friends a random card or present at least three times this year.
18. Send my brother a kick-ass care package when in Afghanistan.
19. Improve my writing skills via my blogging.
20. Learn how to nurse a baby while in a baby carrier.
21. Learn how to do one pull up.
22. Do 20 real push ups regularly by 31st birthday.
23. Grow my garden plants from seed.
24. Gather more information and tools for homeschooling.
25. Learn how to make yogurt.
26. Complete another triathlon…maybe two.
27. Go a month without television.
28. Read the Gospels.
29. Pray everyday.
30. Say thanks everyday for something good that happened.
Edit: So as I was laying in bed last night, I had a few other things come to mind that I want to do…
31. Re-learn how to make pottery.
32. Work on our family transitioning to whole foods, vs. industrial/processed foods.