Now these photos look like the guys have done all the work when in fact it has been me so far. I’ve went back and forth trying to decide what to do with these stairs since on a whim I ripped up the nasty carpet. I thought I would paint them, then I balked at the work and said I would just carpet them. The installation is expensive so I figured, why not try and do the remodel and if it looks like crap, then I can get them re-carpeted. Here are some pictures of my husband showing the boys the nice slow way to remove tack strip. I did it much faster. All the staples have been removed from the stairs as of yesterday. My hand is quite sore. Next step is painting the walls, then once it’s dry, sanding the steps.